One of the quick and easy methods that have become very popular and used these days is the use of fillers and gels to rejuvenate and eliminate skin wrinkles. Gels are generally based on hyaluronic acid and in some cases, they are produced based on lactic acid. One of the most famous gels based on lactic acid is Sculptra gel.
Injection of Sculptra gel into the skin restores the lost volume. This gel stimulates skin cells to regenerate their natural collagen over time. Injection of this substance is known as an effective treatment method to remove fine and coarse facial lines and wrinkles, and it can also reduce facial fat if needed.
What is Sculptra Gel?
Sculptra gel is a type of filler or gel that consists of polylactic acid and is used by injection for treatment. This gel was produced and sold for the first time in the Swiss Galderma company.
Sculptra is a gel approved by the American Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and these days it is mostly used to treat lipoatrophy, increase the volume of the buttocks and biceps and triceps, reduce wrinkles in the elbows, knees, and chest, fill and eliminate It is used to remove cellulite and remove facial fat in patients with HIV. This gel is mixed with sterile water as a powder and injected into the skin.
The most important applications of Sculptra gel
- Filling the lost volume in the temple, chin, and cheek areas
- Eliminating very deep wrinkles
- Filling the dimple next to the hips and treating cellulite on the skin of that area
- Removing loose skin wrinkles in the areas of the forearm and arm, abdomen, bikini, etc.
Who should not use this gel?
Before injecting Sculptra gel, you should consult a doctor and leave this work in the hands of experienced doctors and specialists who have been trained. The injection of this filler is recommended for patients who are infected with HIV with a doctor’s order; Because the polylactic acid in this gel is biologically safe and is not allergenic compared to other treatment methods that are performed on the patient. However, it is recommended that people talk to their doctor if they have a history of allergies or other diseases.
A person who intends to inject Sculptra filler must be in good health. It is important to note that those who have an infectious skin disease, whose immune system is weak, or who use aspirin and anti-inflammatory drugs, should consult their doctor before injecting this gel.
Those who have a severe skin infection or have a history of keloid and hypotrophic wounds and whose immune system is damaged, in some cases, according to the doctor’s order, should avoid injecting this gel to avoid problems. Injection of this gel is not recommended for people under 18 years of age, pregnant and lactating women, people with diabetes, heart and lung patients, etc.
Benefits of Sculptra gel injection
Sculptra gel injection has many advantages, the most obvious of which are the following:
- Increasing the thickness of the skin and restoring the lost volume of the skin and thus obtaining a young and beautiful appearance
- Sculptra filler is also known as liquid facelift and is associated with easy and quick use.
- The results of injecting this gel are very impressive and significant, and its results may last up to three years.
- The durability of this gel is very high compared to other gels.
- The injection of this filler is without surgery and recovery period.
- This gel is very effective in skin collagen formation.
- This gel does not contain any animal or human compounds, so it does not cause any allergies.
- This filler is completely biocompatible and does not cause any harm to the human body.
- Unlike other fillers, Sculptra filler is injected under the skin.
What happens after Sculptra injection?
After the injection, it will take around 1 to 1.5 months to grow natural collagen. Bruising and swelling may occur post-injection, which will go down within a week. After the injection, patients are directed to massage the treatment area to maintain smooth, level, and evenly distributed results and prevent granuloma formation.
The durability of Sculptra gel
Sculptra filler gradually shows its effects and lasts between 2 and 3 years, so you should not expect the results to be clear immediately after injecting this gel. You can see its effects over several months in three injection sessions. Sometimes you may even notice that the skin fills up in the gel injection area immediately after the injection, which is due to the presence of water in the gel ingredients, which subsides after a few days. The real and lasting effects of this gel usually show after a month.